Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

For some time they've nagged at me
And wouldn't leave me alone
And so now I sit and write
This Valentines Day Poem
Sometime ago, abotu three days
I remember walking down store rows
And sitting there, by itself
I saw a chocolate rose
The candy hearts were now long gone
And chocolate boxes stripped from the shelves
All that was left was this one rose
Sitting there by itself
I began to wonder what it was like
To sit there as on time drew
To watch everyone else be chosen
Everyone else... but you
The little rose on a plastic stick
Sticking out from a styrofoam base
I began to wonder how it would look
If the poor little rose had a face
Like so many others in the world today
This poor little rose was ignored
So many pushed into the dark
While others their spirit soar
Valentines is a time to remember
All those forgotten each day
Embrace the light of those you see
And also those who've gone astray
Learn to cherish the ones you love
Learn to accept who you dont' see
When this Valentines rolls in
Think about the rose and me
The rose that sits alone on the shelf
Looking and waiting for the day
Someone will have the heart to see it
Before the chocolate rose melts away










1 comment:

  1. OMG I HEARD U WON HAPPY OLIVER! CONGRATZ OMG OMG OMG !!!! I WAS LIKE OMG OMG OGM OGMO MOGMGOM AHHHHHH EEEEEEEK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete